Type: Full Time
Facilities or Plant Operations
4 Year Degree
The Safety and Security Manager position oversees and directs all Duchesne Academy safety-related operations regarding the safety of students and adults. The majority of the working hours will be spent specifically on security duties and the remainder on safety responsibilities.
- Provide school security duties; patrol campus buildings and grounds
- Help protect students and adults from various dangers; focus on prevention
- Work collaboratively with local public safety and law enforcement
- Develop a trustworthy relationship with Duchesne students and adults
- Be visible within the school community and help maintain a safe and friendly environment
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking skills in all situations
- Communicate regularly with various school constituencies
- Direct safety-related and emergency preparedness planning and training
- Assist in development of proactive and preventative crisis/crime prevention and response plans
- Organize drills including fire, weather, and lockdown scenarios
- Assist with facilities security systems, door locks, programming key FOBs, fire alarms, and similar duties relating to building and grounds
- Lead and train on campus physical safety requirements, including OSHA
- Remain up to date on safety and security techniques, policies, and procedures
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
- Ten or more years of work experience in commercial or school security, law enforcement, or similar experience
- Ability to work well with adults and students of all ages
- Commissioned Licensed Security Officer
- Successful completion of a background check
- Current Safe Environment training
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in using technology resources
- Punctuality and dependability
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the Duchesne Employee Handbook
- Maintain productive relationships with Duchesne faculty and staff, working closely with Department Heads where applicable
- Maintain professional relationships with the Board of Trustees
Tenets of Staff Excellence
Duchesne Academy employees embody and promote the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education. As a staff of excellence, they commit to a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness that impels to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom. As community builders, employees of Duchesne value and respect their colleagues, and they promote School goals and policies with a generous and positive spirit.
A Sacred Heart employee…
Demonstrates an understanding of Catholic Identity, respects the tenets of Catholicism, and participates in the faith life of the School.
Models acceptance of and respect for other faith and cultural traditions.
Values and encourages interactive service as a life-long commitment.
Creates an inviting environment which honors rigor and relevance, and promotes critical thinking, collaboration, and the creative use of the imagination.
Embraces the importance of the integration of technology within the school; supports and promotes the ethical use of all forms of technology.
Researches, reflects on, and adopts best practices to promote excellence in the area of expertise.
Continually seeks professional growth through self-reflection, observations, collegial dialogue and professional development opportunities.
Fulfills routine professional responsibilities in a thoughtful and timely manner.
Works in partnership and open communication with parents and colleagues to ensure the well-being of the school.
Contributes to a community culture that fosters thoughtful decision-making, honorable behavior, accountability, and a sense of hope.
Apply online at https://www.duchesne.org/about/job-opportunities
Nothing in this Job Description restricts Duchesne’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or Duchesne may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.