Location: Sammamish, Washington
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Reports to: Vice President of Advancement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $60,000 - $110,000
FTE: Full-time, year-round
Eastside Catholic School is seeking a full-time Director of Major Gifts. This role will be responsible for assisting in the planning, strategy-setting and delivery of activities to secure gifts and grants for Eastside Catholic successfully. Efforts will be focused on raising increasing levels of private support for current use, endowment and capital purposes, benefiting students, faculty, staff, and programs of Eastside Catholic.
The Director of Major Gifts works closely with both the Vice President of Advancement and the School President to fulfill annual goals and objectives.
• Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects for Eastside Catholic, emphasizing prospects who will be solicited within 12-18 months. Develop and implement solicitation strategies for each assigned major gift prospect considering established best practices and performance metrics, emphasizing strategic and substantial contacts.
• Emphasis will be placed on identifying lead prospects for school priorities requiring cultivation and solicitation of individuals and corporations in close cooperation with the Vice President and School President.
• Manage the identification, engagement, solicitation and stewarding of a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors.
• Participate cooperatively and regularly with prospect management and tracking system, following established protocols and best practices. Make regular use of the full range of Advancement’s database capabilities.
• Prepare written and verbal proposals, case statements, concept/informational materials, endowment agreements, gift illustrations and other materials needed to secure gifts and corporate sponsorships.
• Provide strategic leadership and support to volunteers designing and implementing strategies and efforts to sustain and increase major gift and alumni support.
• Develop and implement strategies for cultivating private support and volunteer opportunities with diverse communities and individual prospects.
• In consultation with the Vice President for Advancement and School President, create an annual personalized work plan for accomplishing specific priority goals and objectives. Provide at least quarterly reports noting progress and challenges.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
• Donor Focused: Establishes, cultivates and stewards strong relationships with donors and friends of the school to build and maintain lifelong partnerships.
• Results Oriented: Acts decisively to achieve results.
• Planning and Implementing: Develops fundraising strategies and plans that integrate into the organization’s mission, priorities and goals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A bachelor’s degree and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in institutional development/advancement emphasizing cultivating and soliciting major gifts. Equivalent development/advancement experience outside of education may substitute for educational institution experience.
• Proficiency in using PC computers; demonstrated strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint for correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, databases, forms and more.
• Fundraising experience in a nonprofit education setting.
• Experience in securing major gifts and corporate sponsorships.
• General knowledge of planned giving options (e.g., charitable remainder trusts, gift annuities, complex outright gifts involving real estate, and testamentary commitments)
Please send a cover letter and resume directly to Executive Assistant to the President Toni Poppe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connections working at Eastside Catholic School
About Eastside Catholic School
Eastside Catholic School is an educational community of faith, guided by Catholic tradition and teachings, where students in grades six through twelve learn to integrate their thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual excellence, nurture relationships, and inspire a life of leadership and service to others. Founded by parents in 1980, the school is governed by an elected board of trustees. It is the only seven-year, co-educational Catholic school on the Eastside, and offers a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum.
Eastside Catholic School focuses on recruiting and retaining high-quality employees by offering extensive professional development opportunities, salaries that are competitive with local districts and market rates, and a close-knit, supportive community in an extraordinary work environment. Eastside Catholic provides paid medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance for employees, a 401k match, free parking, and lunch on most school days. Staff employees are afforded accrued vacation and sick leave and most school holidays.