Location: St Simons Island, Georgia
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Job Summary: Frederica Academy seeks a Technology and Digital Arts instructor beginning July 31, 2023. Experience with Middle School students is desired. Some expertise in the Digital Arts (audio/video production, photography, graphic design) is a plus. The ability to work with students outside the classroom will enhance any applicant’s candidacy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Middle School Technology and Digital Arts instructor is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Teach beginner technology classes to fifth and sixth grade students
- Lead one elective in seventh and eighth grades (could include topics such as audio/video production, photography, graphic design, robotics, coding, etc.) – course offering will be based on teachers’ background
- Develop the curriculum materials, syllabus, outlines and assessments
- Participate in all advisory, faculty, department meetings as called
- Communicate and partner with parents
- Be involved in the life of the school, beyond the classroom (coaching, trip chaperone, advisor)
- Fulfill additional duties as assigned by the Middle School Director or Head of School
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Arts, or similar field
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative community
- Responsiveness to a variety of learning styles and a range of abilities
- Ethical behavior, professionalism and a respect for diversity
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual can expect the possibility of a stressful environment while dealing with a wide variety of challenges and can anticipate deadlines with a varied array of student situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Varied outside weather conditions during special activities and school events are possible. The employee will primarily teach indoors with occasional field trips off campus. Some evening and weekend commitments are required.
Frederica Academy is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all personnel and applicants for employment without regard to race; color; religion; gender; gender identity; national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; genetic information; veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local laws.
Connections working at Frederica Academy
About Frederica Academy
A Coeducational College Preparatory School
Our Mission Statement: "To maximize the potential of each student and to prepare him or her for college and adult life through the development of mind, body, and spirit"