Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Type: Full Time
Friends School is a Quaker, co-educational, college preparatory school, Pre-K through Grade 12, in Baltimore City, enrolling 803 students, 43% of whom identify as children of color. We are seeking a Summer Camp Drama Teacher to work this summer camp season: June 20-August 11.
Instructors at Friends Camp are expected to model and foster the habits of mind we believe are essential to an outstanding education: creativity, curiosity, empathy, reflection, and resilience. We seek instructors whose teaching styles and experiences demonstrate:
- A desire to understand diverse attitudes, beliefs, behaviors, and practices and to incorporate a culturally responsive lens into teaching and learning.
- A record of successful collaboration with colleagues, families, and campers.
- An openness to interdisciplinary teaching.
- An appreciation for and understanding of the social and emotional development of campers.
- Flexibility, optimism, and a sense of humor.
- Must be able to plan Theater/Drama activities for children ages 6-13.
- Must want to work and supervise children ages 6-13.
- Experience working with school age children preferred or relevant college course work with children ages 6-13.
For Questions, contact the Camp Office at email@example.com. To apply for this position, please apply directly through the Camp Staff Portal at www.friendsbalt.org/about/summer-at-friends/work-at-camp
Friends School of Baltimore actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in all programs and operations, including admissions, financial aid, and hiring. To form a community which strives to reflect the world's diversity, we do not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion, age, nationality, ethnicity, economic background, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. Friends School of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of color and members of other underrepresented groups who might enrich and diversify the school community are strongly encouraged to apply.