Location: Owings Mills, Maryland
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Garrison Forest School is seeking an experienced, dynamic Director of Auxiliary Programs to begin Summer 2023. The Director of Auxiliary Programs will provide vision and leadership to develop and manage exceptional auxiliary and summer programs including summer camps and facility rentals. The Director, who oversees a staff of 1.5 direct reports with multiple other seasonal staff members, is responsible for developing and envisioning future auxiliary and summer programs that dynamically blend the traditional independent school model with innovative auxiliary and community partnership offerings, while generating net income for the School.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Vision, design, develop, lead and manage auxiliary and summer programs in keeping with the strategic goals and core values of the School
- Plan and coordinate marketing, public relations, and marketing initiatives for auxiliary and summer programs in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications department
- Coordinate and organize administration for all programs, including registrations, licensing, budget planning, supply orders, and review of financial reports in coordination with members of the Business Office team
- Expertly manage programs to ensure safety and security for children, including establishing routines, health protocols, policies, procedures and guidance, in accordance with School policies
- Effectively lead and manage direct reports who support auxiliary programs, ensuring effective supervisions, allocation of resources, collaboration, and goal alignment
- Recruit, hire, train, onboard, manage and support seasonal, part-time and temporary staff
- Collaborate with School leadership on ensuring top-quality programs that expand possibilities for engagement with the School across the community and region
- Approach auxiliary and summer programming with an entrepreneurial mindset, envisioning new program ideas to further the School's mission, community engagement, with an income-generating lens
- Notifying and coordinating appropriate services that are needed with all internal personnel involved, i.e. Athletics, Security, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Food Services
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Information can be mailed to Vanessa Griffin, Assistant to the Head of School, Garrison Forest School, 300 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, Maryland 21117. No telephone calls, please.
Garrison Forest School is an independent, nonsectarian college-preparatory girls' day and boarding school in Baltimore County, Maryland with an elementary, middle and high school program, a coed preschool, and a national and international boarding program for girls in grades 8-12. Founded in 1910 and set on a stunning 110-acre campus in suburban Owings Mills, Garrison Forest offers a program with a wealth of opportunities in Academics, the Arts, and Athletics. Confident, creative and compassionate, GFS students are encouraged to be fully engaged as they develop their passions and their own authentic voices within a spirited and joyful environment.
Garrison Forest School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or disability in its employment policies and other school-administered programs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experiences building and launching new programs
- Experience with income-producing auxiliary programs, summer camp leadership, and program development
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to support programming.
- Experience with a variety of technological platforms, including Google Suite and Campsite
- Demonstrated leadership and management expertise
- Bachelor's Degree required
Connections working at Garrison Forest School
About Garrison Forest School
Garrison Forest School is an independent, college preparatory, girls’ day and boarding school with a co-educational preschool located in Owings Mills, Maryland, minutes northwest of Baltimore City. Garrison Forest School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.