Location: jersey city , New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Understanding the Role:
The Director of Development is a position at Hamilton Park Montessori School. The Director will be responsible for the design and implementation of all major fundraising activities at the school, most notably the financial aid/scholarship fund, annual fund and the school’s annual gala. The Director will work closely with the Founder, Head of School and Director of Advancement to make connections with and build a strong culture of philanthropy within the community. They will run the school’s next capital campaign, and turn conversations and moments into compelling marketing, fundraising, and community-building narratives conveyed visually through printed materials, web content, dynamic photographs, inspiring and/or humorous videos, and engaging social media. This is a 12-month, full-time position and includes evening and weekend commitments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and implementation of all major fundraising activities at the school, including leading the financial aid/scholarship fund, annual fund campaign, the annual gala, the capital campaign, growth of the endowment, legacy gifts, and planned giving.
- Oversee other aspects of the development program, including soliciting corporate and foundation proposals; creating a strong alumni association, and running special development events.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Director on communications and marketing initiatives and to create/produce fundraising-related communication materials to expand and enhance the school’s visibility and reputation.
- Enhance existing relationships while building new relationships, systems, and programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community. This includes personally soliciting major donors.
- Maintain a database of all contributors and provide development reports as required.
- Coordinate all Development volunteers, primarily members of the Parent Association and Development Committee.
- Commitment to bringing the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion into the school’s communications and the school overall.
- Oversee strategy and marketing program for planned giving.
- Serve as a planned giving resource and maintain up-to-date planned giving knowledge.
- Work with the Business Office, estate planners, attorneys, and donors to set up and steward major and planned gifts.
- Experience in Development, Communication, and in running a Capital Campaign.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical skills, including experience with databases and school information systems.
- Independence, and the ability to initiate work proactively and function well in a team.
- Flexibility, creativity, patience, energy, a desire to work in a collaborative, collegial, “all-in" community, a sense of humor, and a love of working with families are musts.