Location: San Antonio, Texas
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Keystone School helps bright, talented and motivated young people realize their full potential. In our academically accelerated program, faculty and staff challenge and nurture young people throughout their educational journey. Keystone students achieve in academics, arts, sciences, athletics and other diverse interests, while supporting and challenging each other. As students grow from preschool through high school, expert and caring teachers guide their inquiries. Keystone students gain admission to the country’s most prestigious colleges and universities, win highly competitive scholarships, and go on to create fulfilling careers and lives.
Keystone is a nationally recognized, multicultural, college-preparatory school where academic excellence and student individuality are honored. Our small, accelerated classes and co-curricular activities prepare our students to succeed academically and socially at the nation’s best colleges and universities. Keystone School seeks a passionate and dynamic Assistant Head of Lower and Middle School.
The Assistant Head of Lower & Middle School works in partnership with the Head of Lower & Middle School to provide leadership and programming in the areas of student life, culture, and social-emotional development. This includes fostering a positive and caring atmosphere and community. With strong interpersonal skills, and a positive “can-do” upbeat attitude, this individual will interact daily with students, colleagues, and parents. The Assistant Head must be solution oriented, enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, and have strong organizational and time management skills. A successful candidate will bring a professional presence, energy, enthusiasm, and demonstrate flexibility, initiative, and warm and engaging communication skills.
- Support Division Head with all events and programming
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders and maintain cooperative relationships that support the student experience in the Lower and Middle School
- Manage faculty supervision duties and assist the Division Head in developing schedules
- Collaborate with Division Head and faculty to set standard processes, support faculty in implementing policies and expectations, and evaluate effectiveness of policies
- Oversee and coordinate co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and programs which foster growth within the school and outside community that reflect the mission and values of Keystone.
- Help arrange educational and informative speakers and presentations that enrich our academic and wellness programs.
- Help plan and implement major events such as the grade-level experiential trips.
- Understands the developmental needs of students ages 5-14.
- Help to model and enforce the Cobra Code regarding student conduct and support the disciplinary program established by the Division Head
- Collaborate with other internal departments (facilities, communications, admissions, advancement, registrar, and technology) for day-to-day operations and organizing special events.
- Attend evening and weekend events such as dances or athletic competitions.
- Serve as the acting Head of Lower and Middle Schools when the head is unavailable or absent.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Education, with a graduate degree, preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant teaching and leadership experience, with independent school experience, preferred
- Proficiency with technology and digital platforms in the classroom
Enthusiasm, commitment, and dedication to the continued development of Keystone School Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three to five references to Mallory Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values.
Keystone School welcomes candidates for admission or employment, regardless of age, race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, national or ethnic origin, and does not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law in the administration of any of its programs.
For more information about Keystone School, please visit www.keystoneschool.org
Connections working at Keystone School
About Keystone School
Keystone school has been a haven for bright, motivated students since 1948. A Keystone student is taught to ask questions, to pursue knowledge, and to love learning. We believe that when given the opportunity, encouragement, and means to think more deeply and comprehensively, young people will respond with the enthusiasm and energy to go beyond the demands of a standard curriculum. Within the context of a balanced and supportive environment, our challenging and thoughtful college-preparatory program, enriched with many opportunities for physical, social, creative, and ethical growth, challenges students to develop diligence, inquisitiveness, independence, self-discipline, and responsibility.
Keystone is a nationally recognized, multi-cultural, college-preparatory school where academic excellence and student individuality are honored. Our small, accelerated classes and co-curricular activities prepare our students to succeed academically and socially at the nation’s best colleges and universities.