Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Type: Full Time
In addition to a competitive salary, there are several other benefits of teaching at LCDS including 100% of health insurance premiums, dental premiums, and vision premiums paid for the employee; up to 5% matching to a 403(b) retirement plan after one year of employment; generous graduated tuition remission for up to two employee children; opportunities for professional development; and teaching engaging students alongside professional and collaborative colleagues.
4 Year Degree
Loudoun Country Day School (LCDS) is looking for an enthusiastic, talented educator to join our middle school as a full-time Spanish teacher for the 2023-2024 Academic year. Reporting to the Middle School Director, our new middle school Spanish teacher will be a collaborative and passionate educator who understands the nuances of middle school-aged children.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and dedicated professional who is able to communicate and collaborate with students, parents/guardians, fellow classroom teachers, and school staff, and is committed to the mission and core values of LCDS.
In addition to teaching Spanish in grades 5 or 6 through 8, this qualified individual will mentor a home base (advisory group) of eight to 12 students and participate in the culture and life of the school. LCDS’s Spanish classes are engaging, challenging, and student-centered.
The successful candidate must:
- Share a deep passion for both middle grade learners and the Spanish culture and language
- Possess native or near-native fluency in the language
- Partner with the Lower School Spanish teacher in building a cohesive, whole-school Spanish program that, upon completion (grade 8), is equivalent to Spanish 2 in high school.
- Work collaboratively with our middle school leadership and faculty to implement the LCDS curriculum
- Be comfortable using technology and incorporating it into teaching
- Attend planning and faculty meetings and school provided professional development
- Play an active role in the life of the middle school
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following
- Maturity, collegiality, flexibility, sense of humor, creativity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Success at working collaboratively as a member of a team
- Builds positive relationships with students and fosters a sense of belonging
- Experience teaching Spanish in a middle or upper school setting
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Spanish, or a related field (advanced degree preferred but not required)
- An appreciation for the unique qualities of middle school aged students
- A willingness to employ differentiated instruction to meet learners at their level of need
Connections working at Loudoun Country Day School
About Loudoun Country Day School
Loudoun Country Day School (LCDS) educates students from preschool through eighth grade. Our mission is to inspire students to become lifelong learners, to think critically and creatively, and to lead with courage, compassion, and character.
LCDS is situated in Leesburg, Virginia. Located in Loudoun County in Northern Virginia, the school is about 35 miles from DC.