Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
Salary: Based on Experience
Striving to be a leading Independent Catholic School, Malvern Preparatory School is a school for boys grades 6-12 committed to the Augustinian values of Veritas, Unitas, and Caritas, meaning Truth, Unity, and Love. We foster a radically student centered approach to learning so we seek individuals who are innovative, creative, and compassionate self-starters who can work collaboratively.
May 24, 2023
Position: School Counselor for Grades 9 - 12
Reports to: Director of School Counseling
Job Summary: The School Counselor will work as part of a team to provide a variety of counseling related services to Upper School students and their families. The ideal candidate should be able to live the school mission, be willing to fully participate in the life of our school community, and be able to apply professional knowledge to execute a comprehensive school counseling program in support of Malvern Prep’s ambitious aspirations. It is essential that the candidate believes in the idea that we put team goals before our own, where we are “one team all in.”
- Master's Degree (required) in School Counseling or another Mental Health related field
- 1-5 years of counseling experience (preferred)
- Current (dated within a year) clearances (required)
- Executes a comprehensive counseling program that meets student needs; develops activities and resources to implement and evaluate the program; collaborates with staff in making decisions about the programs.
- Helps all students, individually or in groups, develop skills in the areas of personal/social growth, educational planning, and career development; implements follow-up actions as required.
- Works in conjunction with our Clinical Psychologist and Learning Specialist to optimize a student’s educational plan.
- Consults and collaborates with parents, teachers, administrators, student support services and community resources regarding student planning and/or to address students with identified concerns and needs.
- Accurately and appropriately uses assessments and interprets and utilizes data for structuring individual and group counseling services, educational placement, and to assist with student planning; assists teachers, parents, and other stakeholders in interpreting and understanding student data.
- Maintains knowledge of the athletic, instructional and extracurricular programs of the school and utilizes this information in working with staff, students, parents, and others to enable students to obtain maximum benefit from their school experience.
- Teaches assigned portions of the counseling curriculum and contributes to evolving it.
- Monitors student academic performance, behavior, and attendance and facilitates appropriate interventions
- Displays the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards, acting as a role model.
- Keeps up-to-date with innovative developments and trends in the field of school counseling.
- Actively participates in various meetings, such as department, administration, school meetings, etc.
- Builds and maintains a professional rapport with a broad audience – students, parents and all other staff.
Please send the following documents in a single attachment and be sure to include the position title in the subject line. All materials should be emailed to email@example.com:
Please visit http://www.malvernprep.org for additional information about our school.
Click here to learn more about employment with Malvern Prep.
Malvern Preparatory School is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Malvern Prep's mission.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently and effectively with other team members
- Wants to be part of a team that co-designs student growth experiences
- Good team player and very reliable in working without close supervision
- Passionate about actively supporting the school’s mission
- Demonstrates a growth-mindset
- Has a track record of, or at least enthusiasm for, innovation
Connections working at Malvern Preparatory School
About Malvern Preparatory School
Malvern Preparatory School is an Independent, Catholic school committed to the Augustinian values of Veritas, Unitas and Caritas, meaning Truth, Unity and Love. Since 1842, the School's tradition has been to prepare young men for college, for leadership, and for life. Malvern educates its students in a caring, student-centered, environment focused on academics while maintaining balance among spirituality, arts, athletics, and activities. Students learn today so that they can lead with integrity tomorrow.