Maplebrook School, located in Amenia, NY, is a diverse coeducational boarding school for students with learning differences. Founded in 1945, Maplebrook School inspires and empowers students through challenging academics, dynamic athletics and arts programs and to be life-long learners prepared to thrive in a dynamic global community.
Maplebrook School is seeking a dynamic and innovative teacher with dorm responsibilities for the 2023-2024 school year. This position is a full-time career and requires living in an apartment in the dorm. This candidate needs to be a compassionate, flexible, and creative individual with experience working with youngsters with learning differences. This person will need to work closely with students, teachers, administrators and parents to support the mission of the school by promoting the core values in the educational and personal experience of each child. The ideal candidate will have a passion for integrated learning and possess strong communication skills.
Maplebrook School values each and every one of our employees and offers an excellent benefits package including: required on campus housing, medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan with matching contributions, paid sick and personal time, life insurance and generous vacation package.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter and resume to T.J. Fazzone, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare and execute thoughtful units of study designed to reach the different learning styles of the students in the classroom.
- Regularly assess student learning using a variety of tools and means throughout each marking period and maintain regular communication with parents and administrators about student progress.
- Maintain a safe and engaging learning environment.
- Consistently and clearly communicate with colleagues, administrators, and parents regarding student work and classroom projects or issues.
- Adhere to the school’s curriculum in the classroom.
- Attend regular weekly faculty meetings.
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure integration with other subjects.
- Mentor up to three students as needed.
- Participate in after school clubs
- Proctor study halls.
- Conduct a weekly dorm meeting in the dorm.
- Be the lead faculty member for 3 overnights during the week in the dorm.