Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
4 Year Degree
Primary Purpose: Provides psychological and guidance services to the Lower School student population (Grades K-5).
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides SEL programming to classes during the school day.
2. Maintains regular contact with teachers and administrators regarding the academic, social, and emotional needs of students.
3. Responds to faculty and/or parent requests for assistance in dealing with the special needs or concerns of the student population.
4. Upon referral from teachers, counselors, or parents, meets with individuals:
a) Intakes to elicit individual needs and presenting problems
b) Outlines a course of action utilizing available resources
c) Implements risk assessments when deemed appropriate and provide all necessary reports to parents and administration
5. Provides consultative services to faculty, staff, and parents to support the on-going classroom instruction and coordinates efforts with psychoeducational recommendations.
6. Participates in admissions, CST and other related enrollment or re-enrollment procedures.
7. As needed, assists in the transition meetings between grade levels at the end of the year and participates in meetings with Middle School faculty and administration as students transition from Fifth to Sixth Grade.
8. Collaborates with the NSU Psychology Department to provide mentoring for student interns.
9. Provides educational seminars for parents on relevant topics.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Marginal Job Functions: Assists in gathering or compiling information for special reports and curriculum revisions. Sponsors at least one extra-curricular activity for students, including special interest groups, clubs, organizations, options, etc., as assigned by the Director.
Connections working at NSU University School
About NSU University School
NSU University School is a PK1-12, college-preparatory school serving approximately 1,800 students on the larger Nova Southeastern University campus in South Florida.