Location: MILL VALLEY, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: 75,000- 90,000
Mission Statement and Academic Approach:
North Bridge Academy empowers and equips students with dyslexia to embrace their strengths, realize their potential, and fulfill their aspirations. We provide individualized instruction grounded in evidence-based, structured literacy programs in an intimate and caring community. The overall culture of North Bridge Academy is kind and inclusive. Our families are grateful that their children are in a school where students are safe and understood. Please visit our website at www.northbridgeacademy.org to learn more about our history and success.
Description of Position:
North Bridge Academy is seeking a teacher who is experienced with bright children who struggle with the mechanics of reading and writing. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to integrate grammar and literacy instruction into grade-level, standards-based instruction in 6th - 8th grade English and Social Studies. The ideal candidate will be an empathetic teacher, who is excited to join a team of educators who are passionate about working with dyslexic learners. Collaboration with the Slingerland and Enrichment teachers is an integral part of the position.
- To create and maintain a climate of trust and positive regard for students To provide standards-based instruction in 6th - 8th grade English, integrating structured literacy knowledge across all lessons
- To collaborate with the school staff to tailor instruction best suited for our dyslexic students
- To show concern for and nurture students’ intellectual, social/emotional and ethical development
- To accurately assess each student's progress and prepare progress reports on time
- To attend weekly staff meetings, Back-to-School Night and school activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, English or Reading Instruction
- Two year’s experience teaching at the middle school level
- Previous experience teaching dyslexic students a plus
Connections working at North Bridge Academy
About North Bridge Academy
At North Bridge Academy (www.northbridgeacademy.org) we teach elementary and middle school aged students with dyslexia. Our mission is to close their learning gaps and to help them learn at the level of their potential. Every day, we provide opportunities for our students to see themselves as capable learners, and we encourage them to develop their strengths.