Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
4 Year Degree
Director of Development
• Teaching what is worth learning with expertise and agility.
• Fostering personal discovery through guided choice within a deep, broad, and custom curriculum.
• Cultivating multidimensional experiences that integrate the fine arts, athletics and the academic disciplines.
• Building an intentionally diverse and inclusive community grounded in a culture of kindness.
• Engaging in meaningful partnerships with our local community and beyond.
Oxbridge Academy, a non-profit, independent grade 6-12 school in West Palm Beach, Florida, seeks to hire a full-time, enthusiastic Director of Development. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Director of Development will plan and execute donor relations strategies with the goal of raising financial support for the organization. The incumbent will work together with the Director of Advancement to set and achieve fundraising goals through annual fund and comprehensive campaign initiatives. The successful candidate should have proven experience in fundraising and organizational development, with several years of management experience in a non-profit organization or a similar environment and have a passion for philanthropy.
The Director of Development will maintain knowledge of donors' interests, and cultivate relationships with families, prospective donors, fellow employees, and volunteers. The position will lead the efforts on planning fundraising events and maintain a social media presence in conjunction with the communications team. The successful candidate will keep donors informed on how their financial input is making Oxbridge Academy a better place.
• Collaborate with the Director of Advancement, Head of School, and Board of Trustees to create and implement a fundraising plan that includes annual fund and a comprehensive campaign in efforts to support the financial sustainability of the school by enhancing the endowment, program, and facilities.
• Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that fund development is executed in keeping with the organization's mission, vision, and values. Identify and build relationships with donors and prospective donors.
• Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
• Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development program.
• Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals.
• Maintain data and reconcile regular progress reports with director of advancement and business office.
• Manage the operations of the development functions efficiently and oversee development activities in coordination with staff.
• Collaborate with the communications team to develop collateral materials, grant and case statements, and other relevant materials to showcase the organization and need for funds.
• Obtain financial support from individuals and organizations.
• Manage development staff, data integrity, and gift processing.
• Oversee growing alumni relations activities and the Oxbridge Parent Organization, a volunteer support network of parents.
• Keep abreast of developments in philanthropy and fund development.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in business, non-profit management, or related field is required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• 7-10+ years of development and fundraising - preferred non-profit - or business development experience is required.
• Business acumen and strong technology skills, Microsoft Suite proficient, utilization of CRM and SIS systems for fundraising, wealth research and foundation research software, and proficient with social media platforms.
• Proficient with donor solicitation.
• Proven track record of success and understanding of best practices in fundraising.
• Strong interpersonal, decision-making, leadership, and communication skills - both verbal and written.
• Professional experience in managing projects and teams.
• Work with cross-functional teams as well as the ability to work independently.
• Energetic, self-motivated team player who thrives on accomplishing goals, getting results, and improving the organization.
Oxbridge Academy is a non-pro?it, independent grade 6-12 school in West Palm Beach, Florida. Oxbridge Academy commits to being a community characterized by civility, respect, and trust; a school that fosters the virtues of discipline, perseverance, and responsibility. Oxbridge Academy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity at all levels, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
Connections working at Oxbridge Academy
About Oxbridge Academy
Oxbridge Academy is a private, independent school serving grades 6-12. Regardless of their economic background, our students have access to the best teachers and technology to learn the skills they need to be tomorrow’s leaders and innovators. Teachers at Oxbridge Academy foster a lifelong love of learning, spark curiosity, encourage students to make good choices, and serve as role models. They deliver their content expertise to their assigned classes so that all students have rigorous and inclusive access to the curriculum and instruction every day to meet their learning goals. In Curriculum Coordination Teams, teachers work collaboratively on such areas as creating and revising curriculum, reviewing student work, selecting and developing instructional resources, planning and coordinating portfolio and exhibition activities, meeting with specialists, and preparing common assessments.