Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Auxiliary Programs Manager
Full Time, year round
Begins July 1, 2023
Develop, coordinate and manage the auxiliary programs for all of PHS - outside the school day, after school, summer camps, and lower school sports. Provide a positive experience for participants and staff.
School year hours: 10-6 pm, Summer Hours: 8-5 pm.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manage extended day programs. Participate and supervise all activities and staff for MS and LS. Hire, train and supervise extended day staff. Schedule and coordinate staffing, including working an extended day shift until 6pm.
- Coordinate lower school sports. Recruit, orient and train parent volunteer coaches.
- Communicate with parents and prospective families, as needed.
- Organize, evaluate programs regularly and make adjustments as needed.
- Work with division heads and marketing communications to promote programs.
- Work with faculty to identify summer courses and camps for each division.
- Provide direction to faculty to design summer classes, assuring variety, creativity and fresh ideas.
- Organize summer school course catalog with communications department.
- Coordinate with all departments as needed (custodial, maintenance, security, human resources etc)
- Provide initial orientation/in-service for summer school staff teachers. Supervise staff teachers during summer programs. Interview non-Pembroke Hill teachers and provide support through hiring process.
- Organize admissions paperwork for children including emergency forms.
- Work with business office on billing issues.
- Design systems and processes for quality monitoring of day to day operations and to evaluate auxiliary teacher/staff and parent evaluations.
- Monitor staff hours and submit pay information to the business office.
- Ensure the safety of all children during programs of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pembroke Hill seeks to fulfill our mission by recognizing that diversity, belonging, equity and inclusion are integral elements of school and community life. Our mission-inspired goal is together, cultivating each to be a global thinker and valuable member of the PHS community poised to acquire the academic and life skills that make a significant difference for all.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or equivalent experience.
- Min. 2-5 years experience working with young children
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Experience coordinating, planning, organizing and implementing activities and schedules.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
Connections working at Pembroke Hill School
About Pembroke Hill School
The Pembroke Hill School is a private independent school with 100+ years of history located in a beautiful and historical area in Kansas City. We currently have approximately1,200 students from Early Years through grade 12 on two campuses within a mile of each other.
Pembroke Hill School has a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you would like to be considered for an employment opportunity, visit www.pembrokehill.org/about-us/employment and complete an online application.