Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Internal Number: RS 2023-24 G
Renbrook School (West Hartford, CT), an independent day school for children age 3 to Grade 8, seeks a full-time Lead Teacher to fill a position in our early childhood program. The teacher would work with children from ages 3 to 5.
Our approach to early childhood education is based upon our belief that play is the gateway to learning - the way they gain knowledge about themselves, others, and their world. Our program is designed to carefully nurture the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of our youngest students through a variety of activities and integrated experiences based on themes and projects. We seek a teacher who will bring creativity, joy, and energy to the world of early childhood teaching.
The successful candidate will possess the following personal qualities:
- A love of teaching and an infectious optimism.
- A growth mindset with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- A love of children and a playful sense of humor.
- Support the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of our youngest students.
- Design and implement a classroom environment that honors play as the way our youngest children learn about themselves, others, and their world.
- Participate in team meetings to collaborate with grade level teachers and specialists around a theme-based curriculum.
- Incorporate tinkering, experimenting, and making with a variety of materials to develop a foundational understanding of STEAM concepts (science, technology, engineering, art and math).
- Embrace the benefits and opportunities of outdoor learning on Renbrook’s campus.
- Approach students from an asset-based perspective and collect data through observation and listening about students’ interests and abilities.
- Collect anecdotes in preparing for conferences and in the writing of progress reports; provide weekly classroom news postings.
- Participate in recess and lunch oversight with the grade-level team.
- Enhance the school’s commitment to diversity and belonging and ensure students see themselves reflected in the classroom environment and curriculum.
- Engage in professional development opportunities to support continued growth in teaching and learning.
- Bring creativity, joy, energy, and most importantly, positivity to the Beginning School.
The review of candidates will begin immediately with an expected start date in August 2023.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous leave policies, tuition remission, retirement plans, comprehensive health insurance, as well as life insurance and disability protection.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, philosophy of early childhood education, and three letters of reference included together in one PDF document to email@example.com with "Early Childhood Lead Teacher" in the subject line.
- A Master's Degree (preferred) or Bachelor's Degree in elementary education or related field.
- Experience with a play-based curriculum approach is encouraged.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and rapport with children.
- A proven record of positive and constructive peer-to-peer collaboration.
Connections working at Renbrook School
About Renbrook School
Founded in 1935, Renbrook School is a pre-eminent preschool through ninth grade co-educational independent day school located in West Hartford, Connecticut. The school enrolls 330 students from 30 cities and towns in Connecticut and Massachusetts. The Renbrook experience is defined by a high degree of academic rigor, personalized attention as a result of small class sizes, a nurturing environment, and an emphasis on values and respect among members of a tight-knit community.
Renbrook School is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability or physical disability, including but not limited to blindness, veteran status, sexual orientation, and other protected classes.
Renbrook School will make a reasonable accommodation to known disabilities of a qualified applicant or employee, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on its operation.