Location: Naples, Florida
Type: Full Time
Salary: Very competitive
Royal Palm Academy offers very competitive salary and benefits
4 Year Degree
Royal Palm Academy is a joyful, vibrant, independent, and family-oriented Catholic PK-8 school located in beautiful Naples, Florida.
Royal Palm Academy is growing has an opening for a full-time Pre-K Lead Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position. Royal Palm Academy offers competitive salary and benefits for candidates to join our highly qualified faculty and staff. Applications are being accepted immediately and interviews will be scheduled for competitive candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
THE POSITION: Pre-K Lead Teacher (Full-time)
COMPENSATION: Very competitive salary and benefits for highly qualified teachers
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (MUST POSSESS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TWO REQUIREMENTS):
- Candidate must possess an undergraduate degree or equivalent certification in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or Teaching and Education related program.
- For candidates who do not posses Pre-K certification or an education degree, you must possess a minimum of 2 years of teacher classroom experience in the Pre-K level (3 or 4 year olds) in a private elementary school environment. This experience must be in a private elementary school (Pre-K to 5th Grade minimum), and where the Pre-K follows an academic curriculum.
NOTE: Daycare experience, babysitting, or at-home child care experience will not be considered in lieu of one of the two requirements above.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
- Teach and act in accordance with doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Faculty members are required to fully participate in the Catholic Life of our school, including attending Mass, Prayers, Spiritual Retreats, and other Catholic faith activities.
- Must display an enthusiastic support of our school mission: "Royal Palm Academy partners with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders."
- Know, teach, and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Royal Palm Academy.
- Must possess a strong classroom management skillset for 3 and 4 year old students.
- Must plan and execute dynamic lessons aligned with our school's curriculum, differentiated to meet the needs of our diverse student population, and using a variety of instructional strategies that are academically rigorous and highly engaging.
- Evaluate academic and social development of each student through a variety of formative and summative assessments.
- Proficient with technology, including with Microsoft Office and student information systems. Use our SIS to maintain accurate and current records of student progress and reports.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide excellent and responsive customer service to our parents.
- Reliable, flexible, organized, hard-working, patient, excellent communication skills, and outstanding with children.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Florida state teaching licensure/certificate is preferred but not a hiring prerequisite
- Practicing Catholic in good standing is strongly preferred but not a hiring prerequisite
PHYSICAL AND OTHER DEMANDS INCLUDE:
- Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading
- This position is required to closely monitor students in a variety of locations, inside and outside, including athletic fields and areas with noise and activity
- Required to maintain composure and to communicate appropriately in words and actions with students, parents, and fellow teachers
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV as two electronic documents in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School. Highly qualified candidates will also include a statement of how their background of education and experience makes them the strongest candidate who is ready to provide an immediate and positive impact on our students at Royal Palm Academy.
ABOUT ROYAL PALM ACADEMY
Royal Palm Academy is an independent, Catholic, pre-kindergarten to eighth grade school in Naples, Florida. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.
SCHOOL WEBSITE: www.RoyalPalmAcademy.org
Connections working at Royal Palm Academy
About Royal Palm Academy
Royal Palm Academy (RPA) is an independent Catholic Pre-K3 through 8th grade school in Naples, Florida. The school’s approximately 240 students are from Naples as well as neighboring Bonita Springs, Estero, and Fort Myers. Royal Palm Academy was founded in 1997 with the goal of providing academic excellence, spiritual growth, and character development. Royal Palm Academy is a non-diocesan school recognized as a Catholic school by the Diocese of Venice. Royal Palm Academy is accredited by Florida Catholic Conference and Florida Council of Independent Schools.The Mission of Royal Palm Academy is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders.Royal Palm Academy employs an experienced 33 member teaching faculty with combined teaching experience of more than 475 years, with many teachers holding advanced degrees. The administrative staff has extensive experience in both academia and the business world with a combined 89 years of dedicated service to RPA.