Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Rutgers Preparatory School, a leading independent school in Somerset, New Jersey, seeks a Marketing Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Specialist works to support the execution and management of a marketing and communications plan overseen by the Director and will be responsible for developing and executing digital marketing campaigns that advance the school's enrollment goals, enhance brand awareness, drive lead generation, and increase engagement across all constituent groups.
The ideal candidate will have a strong digital marketing background and experience in inbound marketing techniques and tools. In addition to the qualities below, the Marketing Specialist must possess a growth mindset, eagerness to refine existing skills, and a passion for developing new ones. The individual in this role will also display great initiative, excelling at working independently and collaboratively with excellent professionalism, attention to detail, and high personal standards.
- Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns, including paid search, social media advertising, and email marketing, to drive lead generation, brand awareness, and yield
- Design and organize admissions web pages for the School website that accurately represent the value proposition and admission process
- Monitor and analyze website traffic and user behavior to optimize the user experience and drive lead generation
- Build and maintain a CRM database for lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns
- Develop and execute automated drip/nurturing campaigns to engage prospective families and increase yield in all stages of the admission funnel
- Devise and execute SEO/SEM campaigns to improve website visibility and drive traffic
- Create and manage digital ads on social network sites, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance data to optimize campaigns for maximum ROI
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications and other team members to ensure that marketing efforts are aligned with the overall marketing and communications strategy
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing in the independent school sector
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field
- Knowledge of inbound marketing techniques, including lead generation and lead nurturing
- Familiarity with CRM tools, such as HubSpot or Salesforce, and experience building and maintaining a database for lead generation
- Strong digital marketing skills, including expertise in paid search, social media advertising, and email marketing
- Deep understanding of SEO/SEM best practices and experience devising and executing campaigns to improve website visibility and drive traffic
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to use data to inform decision-making and optimize campaigns for maximum ROI
- Experience with digital ad creation and management on social network sites (e.g, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Blackbaud products is preferred
- Experience with common database language (SQL) is preferred
- Preference is given to candidates with independent school or college marketing experience.
- Preference is given to candidates with strong technological skills.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Sense of humor and willingness to be a part of a team.
- Requires a valid New Jersey driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
About Rutgers Preparatory School
Our Mission: Through excellence in education, we inspire students to discover and pursue their passions, embrace intellectual curiosity and creativity, and lead with confidence.
Rutgers Prep provides a positive value of self where our students are training to be the leaders of tomorrow. Within a climate of trust, safety, and support, our students embrace intellectual curiosity and creativity in a coeducational college prep school serving more than 700 students from age three to grade twelve. Our families speak more than 50 languages and come from over 90 zip codes and twelve countries, and our alumni now live and work all over the world.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Terry Ladd, Director of Marketing and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Specialist” identified in the subject line.
Connections working at Rutgers Preparatory School
About Rutgers Preparatory School
Our Mission: Through excellence in education, we inspire students to discover and pursue their passions, embrace intellectual curiosity and creativity, and lead with confidence.Rutgers Prep provides a positive value of self where our students are training to be the leaders of tomorrow. Within a climate of trust, safety, and support, our students embrace intellectual curiosity and creativity in a coeducational college prep school serving over 600 students from age three to grade twelve. Our families speak more than 50 languages and come from over 90 zip codes and twelve countries, and our alumni now live and work all over the world.We offer the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance, EAP, FSA, 403(b), Vacation/PDOs