Location: Rye, New York
Type: Full Time
Rye Country Day School is seeking a kindergarten teacher beginning August 2023. Rye Country Day School is a coeducational, PreK-12, college preparatory school located in Westchester County, New York dedicated to providing students with an excellent education using both traditional and innovative approaches. We are actively committed to creating and sustaining a school community that is nurturing, supportive, diverse, and inclusive, one in which all students can participate fully and achieve their maximum potential through academic, athletic, creative, and social endeavors. We expect and promote moral responsibility and strive to develop strength of character within a respectful school community.
- Working collaboratively with Pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade teachers to ensure continuity in the curriculum
- Maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and parents; contributing in a supportive manner to the life of the community; treating information related to students as strictly confidential
- Assuming responsibility for instructional planning, implementation, and assessment of the curriculum
- Providing progress reports three times a year that reflect both an assessment with clear benchmarks and narrative descriptions
- Communicating with families on a regular basis
- Mentoring an associate teacher by collaborating on a daily basis as a kindergarten partnership in planning lessons for gradual increase of responsibilities of a classroom lead teacher
- Instilling a love of math, reading, and writing, with underpinnings in phonics.
- Attending related school-wide, division, and grade level meetings
- Participating in the Admissions Committee by conducting group visits, reading prospective student files, and attending committee meetings
- Masters degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
- 3-5 years experience teaching in early grades; including kindergarten
- Understanding of the social/emotional milestones of this age
- Experience with Responsive Classroom, Singapore Math, Teachers’ college Reading and Writing Workshop and Preventing Academic Failure Phonics Programs would be advantageous
- Facility with technology such as the SMARTBoard, iPad, and other tools to enhance program
- Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills
RCDS seeks employees who support our mission to foster a lifelong passion for learning, understanding, and service in an ever-changing world, and who share our commitment to creating and sustaining a vibrant, thriving, and inclusive multicultural learning community. The school is committed to providing invigorating and supportive work experiences for its diverse community of employees. Faculty and staff are offered meaningful opportunities for professional development, growth, and leadership; highly competitive salaries; and extensive benefits. RCDS is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout the community and curriculum. Please visit our website - http://www.ryecountryday.org – to learn more about the school’s rigorous curriculum, values, and strategic initiatives.
Rye Country Day School is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws, which prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter via the following link: https://rcds.workable.com/.