Location: Aliso Viejo, California
Salary: $55,000 - $75,000
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive health and welfare benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, ID theft protection, legal services, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance options, as well as a matching 401(k) retirement plan.
4 Year Degree
LANGUAGE ACQUISITION TEACHER, FRENCH (Grades 5-8)
Reports to: Division Heads
Status: Salaried, exempt, full-time, 10-month position
Purpose: To provide students with innovative and inspired experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. To implement effective teaching strategies consistent with the International Baccalaureate (IB) program and the ACTFL standards.
- Collaborate with grade-level and single-subject teachers to determine, develop and implement meaningful lessons that fulfill the requirements of the school’s curricular program.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Design and carry out interpersonal communication tasks for pairs, small groups, and whole class instruction.
- Ensure that the course of study is modified for multiple levels of academic ability and previous experience of students.
- Create a safe classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate for the intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of student achievement through formal and informal assessments.
- Maintain records of academic performance with online grade reporting and parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as needed.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents and members of the school community.
- Support the School and its leadership.
- Other duties as required by the Head of Lower School, Head of Middle School and Head of School.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required, Master's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal and written fluency in the designated language that includes a strong knowledge of grammar and vocabulary.
- Passion for teaching and celebrating the language and cultures of designated language speaking countries.
- A comprehensive understanding of the application of best practices, inquiry-based instruction, backwards design, and formative/summative assessment.
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school.
- Able to successfully navigate an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Willingness to contribute ideas to enhance the respective academic programs.
- Evidence of applied ongoing professional development.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders of the school.
- Highly ethical team player.
- High energy, self-starter with ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time-sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruptions.
- Strong technology skills.
- Must be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
For consideration, please send resume, statement of educational philosophy, and cover letter with salary requirements.