Location: Austin, Texas
Type: Full Time
About our School
St. Gabriel’s Catholic School and St. Michael’s Catholic Academy together create one outstanding co-educational Independent Catholic school serving students from Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade on two adjacent campuses in Austin, Texas. The Lower School is comprised of PreK 3-4th grades, the Middle School houses grades 5-8, and the High School contains grades 9-12. St. Gabriel’s and St. Michael’s is a Christ-centered, college preparatory learning community, inspiring lives of service, courage, personal integrity, and intellectual curiosity. We are distinguished by our Catholic tradition, a welcoming and diverse community, excellent academic programs and a variety of extracurricular activities. Additionally, we are a technology rich school. Thus teachers are expected to demonstrate meaningful skill with technology and an enthusiasm for technological growth in order to create authentic learning experiences for their students. Teachers and staff at St. Gabriel's and St. Michael’s further serve as role models that inspire students to critically think, reflect, explore and apply their faith concretely to their lives. We are one community, on two campuses, with three divisions, united in our commitment to put students first as we educate them in mind, body, and spirit.
Assistant to the Head of High School
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy seeks a dynamic, experienced, collaborative, and joy-filled professional to fulfill the role of Assistant to the Head of High School. This 12-month, non-exempt, hourly position fulfills the mission of our Independent Catholic School by providing general organizational support within the framework of the school’s philosophy, organization, and policies. The Assistant to the Head of High School supports the administrative needs of the Head and assigned office duties. The Assistant to the Head of High School has decision making responsibilities within essential job functions, in keeping with school policies. The position is hired and evaluated by the Head of High School.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
- Supports and adheres to the Code of Conduct and policies and procedures of the school
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters
- Provides comprehensive secretarial duties for the Head of High School and school office
- Supports the Head of High School in the preparation of documents, reports, and correspondence
- Supports the Head of High School in their work with personnel, facilities, vendors, and volunteers
- Assists in maintaining the H.S. Head of School’s calendar
- Maintains current and accurate records according to school policy
- Meets staff development guidelines as set forth by local administration
- Demonstrates professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits
- Maintains a work schedule that maximizes availability to the school, students and staff
- Supports Head of High School in managing the High School budget and budget process
Important job functions:
- Serves as a professional representative of the Head of High School
- Communicates effectively with those in the school community
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the work environment and support organizational planning
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as secretary or administrative assistant
Knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Knowledge of use of office equipment
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Able to work well with others in the school community
- Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skill in organizing and relating information in an understandable format
- Skill in job-appropriate technology
- Skill in critical thinking and planning
- Required to work some nights and weekends
- Required to manage high to moderate levels of stress
- Required to work a minimum of a full school day
- Required to work in standard office and school conditions
- Required to lift or carry office supplies, furniture, and equipment
- Required to maintain composure and avoid inappropriate displays of anger
- Required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, grab, pull, hear, see, and speak on a daily basis
- Required to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading
St. Gabriel’s Catholic School and St. Michael’s Catholic Academy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all personnel actions and in the administration of all policies and programs.
St. Gabriel’s Catholic School and St. Michael’s Catholic Academy employs individuals without regard to race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and apply at https://csssmca.sentrichr.com/?requisition=145.
Connections working at St. Michael's Catholic Academy
About St. Michael's Catholic Academy
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy in Austin, TX, is a Christ-centered, college preparatory learning community, inspiring lives of service, courage, personal integrity, and intellectual curiosity. We are distinguished by our Catholic tradition, a welcoming and diverse community, excellent academic programs and a variety of extracurricular activities.
More Jobs from This Employer