Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
Salary: Salary will be determined
4 Year Degree
St. Peters School
Beginning: July 1, 2023
This position is responsible for the support and organization of the St. Peter’s Admissions process. Working closely with the Director of Admissions, the Associate will take part and participate in the life of the school in meaningful ways. Training and professional development, especially in the area of admission recruitment and database management will be provided.
Coordination of the admission process from inquiry through to enrollment is a priority. Marketing, direct contact and establishing new applicant pools for candidates along with operational logistics to steward families through the process are also important. Developing relationships with admission officers, directors of area feeder schools, and local organizations for children, as well as network connections will support the work done by all in admissions. Internally, working with the School’s marketing efforts, The Director of Wellness and Culture and our Family Relationship Coordinator will all support the important work of reducing attrition and bringing in new families to the School. Relationship building with community partners, understanding our City Curriculum and providing outreach for our City Scholars Program will help market the School to the local community. The Associate will be bringing the school to candidates, broadcasting the messaging to recruit new candidates, and supporting families through the admissions process.
Admissions duties and responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Coordinate production and mailing of all admissions letters and communication
- Perform all data entry with admissions database including inquiries, entry of new students, tracking of application and enrollment documents and deposit monies, etc.
- Maintain and update ongoing database of school contacts, including pre-schools and their directors, realtors, local organization directors and other contacts
- Support the Director of Admissions in scheduling tours, interviews with prospective families, and student visits
- Support the Director of Admissions with admission event coordination including logistics, registration, and follow up
- Support the Parent Ambassador program and work to train student tour guides when necessary
- Create reports from all databases as directed; manage the data to create necessary reports
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School
- Demonstrates a commitment to and actively supports the School and its mission:
To honor the richness of childhood, foster mastery of academic principles,
and educate students to be generous and committed citizens of their communities and the world.
- A bachelor's degree and three years of responsible admission management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including exceptional writing and speaking skills, and facility with media of all forms (social, print, broadcast, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage a group of volunteers
- Experience and success recruiting students and families from diverse backgrounds and ability to connect with a variety of people and constituencies within and outside of the school community
- Comfort and experience with different social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Intermediate aptitude in database management
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends as needed
- Personal qualities of integrity, resilience, approachability, kindness, and humor
Visit our website at www.st-peters-school.org or send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Admissions Associate” to Sandy Trezza at email@example.com.
St. Peter’s School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.
Connections working at St. Peter's School
About St. Peter's School
St. Peter’s School is a non-sectarian, independent, and coeducational Preschool through Eighth Grade school, educating approximately 170 students in the center of Philadelphia for over 185 years. The School's Mission is to honor the richness of childhood, foster mastery of academic principles, and educate students to be generous and committed citizens of their communities and the world. St. Peter’s School is committed to engaging and preparing students for meaningful participation in a diverse society.