Location: Austin, Texas
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
St. Stephen's Episcopal School, a day and boarding school of 705 students (grades 6-12), is seeking an Alumni Engagement Officer for a full-time position starting in August 2023.
The Alumni Engagement Officer serves a vital role in helping to advance the mission of St. Stephen’s through alumni engagement. This position will join a vibrant growth-oriented alumni program at an exciting time in the life of the school. With an ambitious campaign on the horizon, the Alumni Engagement Officer will serve as an ambassador to all alumni with a special focus on building engagement strategies for those celebrating milestone anniversary reunions.
ENGAGEMENT and ANNUAL GIVING
- As St. Stephen’s enters the largest comprehensive campaign in the school’s history, partner with the Director of Alumni Relations and the Director of Annual Fund to increase the number of alumni participating in annual giving.
- Collaborate with the Director of Alumni Relations to develop a multi-dimensional plan to engage alumni who have graduated in the past 10 years. Visit with a minimum of 15 alumni per month through individual meetings to explore ways to involve these individuals in alumni events and activities as well as in the life of the school and seek their annual support.
- Proactively connect with students and faculty and strengthen their understanding of and participation in alumni engagement.
- Collaborate with the Director of Alumni Relations and the International Program Office to increase the level of engagement with international alumni.
- Partner with the Director of Alumni Relations and other members of the Advancement team on the implementation of alumni and advancement events/activities.
- In preparation for alumni engagement and campaign events outside of Austin, collaborate with fellow members of the Advancement team to strategically identify and proactively arrange visits with alumni in those regions.
COMMUNICATION and SOCIAL MEDIA
- Maintain current contact information for alumni using communication vehicles, social media, and events as tools to collect information.
- Write and edit articles for the Alumni e-newsletter, The Hill, Spartan Magazine, and other communication vehicles.
- Manage the class notes process and develop a plan to collect class notes for the two editions of the Spartan Magazine using various communication strategies and volunteers.
- Partner with the Director of Alumni Relations on strategies to recruit and provide direction to new class representatives and those celebrating special reunion years.
- Assist the Director of Alumni Relations in the management of the Spartan Alumni Association Board and associated committees.
Qualified candidates will have...
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in marketing, event planning, communications, public relations, volunteer management or development/advancement;
- Intermediate Excel, Word, and G Suite skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication with attention to detail;
- A proactive and strategic approach to problem-solving;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and build and maintain relationships with alumni and colleagues;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, and manage details and deadlines;
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- Willingness to use all methods of communication– email, phone, and texting.
In accordance with our founding mission, St. Stephen's Episcopal School infuses diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in everything we do, from admission policies, curriculum, and professional development to our hiring practices. We seek qualified candidates who are committed to these values and ready to work in community to create a more just society. We celebrate every individual, recognizing that our unique stories, histories, and voices are essential to creating a vibrant living and learning space. As such, we strongly encourage people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and identities to apply to become members of our community.
Equal access to employment, programs, and services is available to all. With respect to its employment practices, St. Stephen’s Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation or identity.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and a letter of interest addressing their qualifications for this role.
Connections working at St. Stephen's Episcopal School
About St. Stephen's Episcopal School
St. Stephen’s Episcopal School is a coeducational, day, and boarding school for 705 students in Grades 6-12. It is located on 374 acres on the west side of Austin in the Texas Hill Country.