Location: Sun Valley, Idaho
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
4 Year Degree
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a two-part role split between the Marketing Department and our Upper School program. The Video Production+Marketing Associate will conceptualize, manage, film, and produce videos as needed by the marketing department in concert with the Director of Marketing+Communications.
As a classroom teacher (reporting to Upper School Head), the Media Arts teacher will teach at least two classes a term (Fall, Winter, and Spring) in the Upper School Digital and Media Arts program. This is a full-time position with benefits.
The successful applicant will be experienced in a variety of digital arts (video production, graphic design, still photography, etc.), a proven digital storyteller, and will have a passion for sharing and teaching the digital arts. The successful candidate will also be adept at implementing social media strategies and eager to build social media audiences and engagement for the school.
Curious? Learn more about our unique school here!
The Video Production+Media Arts Teacher is responsible for:
- Leading the brainstorming, scripting, and production of fun, authentic, smart videos to establish our school brand locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally;
- Teaching two multimedia and/or digital media classes per term, including video production (Fall, Winter, and Spring);
- Expanding on the existing multimedia and digital arts curriculum to include additional skills such as graphic design or alternative digital/social technologies and platforms;
- Developing curriculum and organizing students in the Video Production class to produce “Cutthroat Cut” videos that add student voice to the school’s marketing efforts;
- Mentoring students who are using video for culminating projects like Senior Projects;
- Participating in Outdoor Program trips and organize the recording of Outdoor Program footage;
- Filming or coordinating the filming of school events like Senior Projects, Speeches, Graduation, and other major school athletic and arts events or performances;
- Managing and organizing the school’s YouTube channel, other digital media outlets, and branding videos for accessibility and maximum impact;
- Filming, collecting, and archiving all footage efficiently and proactively.
Interested candidates should electronically send a cover letter or video introducing yourself, resume, and at least two letters of reference by June 29 to:
Sun Valley Community School
c/o Ryan Waterfield
Director of Marketing + Communication
Sun Valley Community School is an equal opportunity employer. The school encourages, seeks, and will employ applicants the school deems qualified for the position sought, regardless of age, ethnic background, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, or physical ability, with reasonable accommodation to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The ideal qualities for the Video Production+Social Media Manager and Digital Media Teacher include:
- Being a team player, self-starter, and independent worker who is comfortable pitching ideas to the marketing, communications, and admissions teams and executing those ideas;
- Being a great storyteller, with the creative vision to build audience and engagement across our alumni, current student and family, and prospective student and family constituencies;
- Being conversant in the software, hardware, and digital platforms necessary to produce quality and innovative films, share them on various channels, and brand them with school related graphics;
- Being innovative and forward-thinking in both marketing and teaching;
- Being passionate about teaching and inspiring students to create films and social campaigns using a variety of tools: cameras, phones, graphics, animation, etc.;
- Being well-versed in the use of digital media and new media strategies;
- Being licensed to fly drones;
- Demonstrating a commitment to the professional expectations of the school and a willingness to incorporate feedback from students, colleagues, and supervisors.;
- Demonstrating a commitment to the diversity, equity and inclusion efforts of the school;
- A willingness to understand and embrace the unique culture of an independent school in a small, vibrant mountain resort community in the Rocky Mountains;
- Having earned a Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for an advanced degree.
Connections working at Sun Valley Community School
About Sun Valley Community School
Since its inception in 1973, Sun Valley Community School in Sun Valley, Idaho has inspired its students to think critically, embrace challenges, and lead impactful, purposeful lives. The school serves more than 430 day and boarding students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve. Close student-faculty relationships and experiential, project-centered learning define the school’s distinctive educational experience.
Our philosophy? Build community. Take risks. Grow your curiosities. Pursue your passions. Aim for personal bests. We are a preK-12 day and boarding college prep school of more than 400 students set in the iconic mountain resort town of Sun Valley, Idaho. Our faculty and staff are passionate about the outdoors, the arts, innovation, athletics, adventure, and the work they do with students. They are engaged and encouraging and believe in our student-centered approach.
Our students are open to new experiences, take advantage of the natural environment, thrive in a small-town community but have a solid sense of the broader world. A Sun Valley Community School experience balances intellectual inquiry with adventure. We ask students and faculty alike to push comfort zon...es and seek understanding. We value inclusivity, authenticity, and critical thinking. Please see our website for further details about our school’s guiding principles as well as our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work.
Our mission: "From our campus to the wilderness, we inspire students to think critically, engage confidently, embrace challenges, and lead impactful, purposeful lives."