Location: Weston, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Starting Date: August 14, 2023 Job Description: 10-month, Full-Time, Exempt Staff
The Cambridge School of Weston in Weston, MA, seeks applications for the position of Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time position for the 2023-2024 school year that will report directly to the Director of Athletics. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills; will value progressive and student-centered education. Applicants should demonstrate their interest in fostering an inclusive environment for all athletes and further developing their own cultural competencies and equity literacy skills. In addition to these qualifications, our ideal candidate values being part of a collaborative school and residential community.
- Care for and help to prevent athletic injury.
- Provide examination, assessment, diagnosis, immediate care, emergency care, and therapeutic and reconditioning treatment for all interscholastic, recreational, and life fitness programs.
- Oversee collection of baseline concussion testing and concussion management for all students.
- Communicate with parents, coaches, advisors, dorm parents, and the Health Team as needed.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate athletic injury care records and reports as required following NATA guidelines.
- Identify mental health and nutritional issues and coordinate appropriate care with the school nurse and/or counselors.
- Work with the coaching staff and other Athletic Department personnel to ensure the safety of all facilities, environments, and equipment for practice and competition.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Athletic Training Program
- Certification in good standing through the BOC
- Licensure to practice athletic training in the state of Massachusetts
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer & First Aid certifications (Instructor certification preferred)
- The ability to lift heavy objects, stand for long periods, work in various environmental conditions, and assist injured individuals on/off playing surfaces
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
To Apply for This Position:
Please send a résumé, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Deadline for Application:
The position will remain open until filled.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high school setting
- Ability to work collaboratively within the department and the institution
- Well-organized and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
Connections working at The Cambridge School of Weston
About The Cambridge School of Weston
A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW's mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community, and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates who will in...crease our diversity to apply.