Location: Macungie, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
Overview: The Hillside School is seeking a dynamic, strategic, and experienced Director of Development and Marketing to lead and grow the school's fundraising and marketing efforts. The Director will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development and marketing plan that advances the school's mission and vision. This individual will be a key member of the leadership team and will work closely with the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni to advance the school's fundraising and marketing goals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development and marketing plan that includes major gifts, annual fund, planned giving, and special events
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including alumni, parents, foundations, corporations and community leaders
- Oversee the annual fund, including direct mail, email, phone, and personal solicitations, and challenge grants
- Manage the major gifts program, including identification, cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship of major gift prospects
- Work with the board of trustees and staff to identify, cultivate and solicit planned giving prospects
- Oversee the development and implementation of special events and stewardship activities to engage and retain current supporters and attract new ones
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan that includes website development, social media, e-newsletters, and print materials
- Develop and implement a data management system to track progress and ensure the accuracy of donor information
- Manage the development and marketing budget and ensure that fundraising and marketing activities are cost-effective and in line with the school's mission and values
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Nonprofit Management or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in development and marketing, with a proven track record of success in fundraising and marketing
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, including alumni, parents, foundations, corporations, and community leaders
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, strategies, and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, fundraising software and database management
The Hillside School is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome a diverse pool of applicants.
If you are passionate about education and have a track record of success in development and marketing, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hillside School is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse community of faculty, staff and students. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Connections working at The Hillside School
About The Hillside School
The mission of The Hillside School is to maximize the potential of the child with learning disabilities through excellence in education.
We opened our doors to 10 students at the Lutheran Church of the Holy Spirit in Emmaus, PA in 1983. We moved to our current seven-acre home in Lower Macungie Township in the Lehigh Valley six years later. Next year we celebrate our 40th Anniversary!
Our students are intelligent children who learn differently from their peers. Students may be diagnosed with a language-based learning disability like dyslexia, which affects reading; dysgraphia, affecting writing; dyscalculia, affecting math; Students may also demonstrate difficulty with executive function skills, attention, and focus.
Children attend Hillside from kindergarten through eighth grade. We prepare students by teaching them the skills and strategies needed to succeed beyond the halls of Hillside. In the last 35 years, over 1,000 students have successfully transitioned from Hillside to various public, religious, or private schools.