Type: Full Time
Salary based on years of full-time teaching experience.
The Stanley Clark School seeks a full-time preschool teacher for its Early Childhood program housed in the Garatoni Center for Reggio Studies. This individual will work with a part-time assistant teacher among a close-knit, joyful, and talented team of Early Childhood faculty who believe that our youngest learners are capable, competent, and curious. Our Reggio-inspired program aims to inspire and develop children using an emergent curriculum guided by students’ interests, both in the classroom and outdoors on our beautiful 30-acre campus.
About Stanley Clark:
Stanley Clark is a preschool through grade 8 school in South Bend, IN. We seek to employ teachers who embody the school’s mission to inspire and challenge students to achieve excellence in academics, the arts, athletics, and character in a nurturing environment that fosters critical thinking, creativity, accountability to self and others and the discovery of each student’s strengths and passions.
Faculty must have a passion for teaching children, be of outstanding personal character, and have demonstrated exceptional expertise in the art of teaching. All teachers must show a willingness to collaborate, think creatively, innovate, and exhibit a level of professional development and commitment to continuous improvement that assures our students' experiences at school are second to none each and every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seek to learn and be part of a vibrant Early Childhood faculty learning community that consistently seeks to reflect on and improve their Reggio-inspired programming
- Demonstrate a love of working with children and an eagerness to partner with their families to support their growth
- Document students’ experiences in a way that honors each child’s voice and highlights how and what children are learning
- Nurture and champion each child’s interests, talents, and skills
- Apply a range of strategies and scaffolds to support students’ academic, social, and behavioral needs, recognizing that we aim to exhaust all options to ensure each child in our care thrives in Stanley Clark’s learning environment
- Communicate regularly with families and colleagues in a way that demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in support of a common vision, goals, and new ideas
- Contribute positively to designated committees, divisional meetings, and curriculum departments
- Provide guidance and support to an assistant teacher who is an integral part of the classroom setting; this partnership entails co-planning, coordinating classroom activities, and supporting students’ behavior as a team
- Exhibit a spirit of professionalism with all school community members
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess at least 3-5 years of teaching experience in an Early Childhood classroom setting. Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree.
The position offers all benefits afforded to full-time employees, including but not limited to comprehensive health benefits, generous paid time off, paid life insurance, tuition remission, a generous retirement plan, and professional development. Salary is based on experience.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references to Kelly Goodspeed (email@example.com) by June 16. Candidates will be alerted before references are contacted.
The Stanley Clark School is an equal opportunity employer. The Stanley Clark School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, or sexual orientation in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs and athletic or other school-administered programs.
Connections working at The Stanley Clark School
About The Stanley Clark School
Established in 1958, The Stanley Clark School is an independent, co-educational day school serving students preschool age three through grade eight. Our dedication to excellence in academics, arts, athletics and character makes us the premiere school in the Michiana area.