Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
The Director of Enrollment Management is an integral part of the Academy’s leadership team and responsible for all aspects of recruitment, enrollment and retention of the student body. The Director will manage a team of individuals to achieve and maintain all aspects of the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Preserve the mission and priorities of Ursuline Academy’s mission by recruiting and retaining students who will benefit from the Academy’s unique community, culture, and program
- Track, analyze and interpret relevant market trends to develop forward-thinking, innovative admissions and enrollment policies, strategies, and goals informed both by data and best-practices in independent school admissions
- Identify and implement specific retention and recruitment strategies for targeted student populations
- Maintain enrollment data and analyze historical trends
- Actively participate in professional development networks to stay abreast of admissions trends and research that may impact enrollment
- Develop a strategic recruitment and communication plan in partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Work collaboratively with the Principals and Counseling Department on determining student acceptance, deferral, and denial criteria
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective parents and students to promote positive experiences and mitigate difficult issues
- Organize and attend Admission driven events throughout the year serving as the point-person and face of the department
- Develop long-term enrollment and retention strategies and implement them to ensure each class is filled with and retains qualified students who will successfully meet the criteria outlined in “Portrait of a Graduate” upon completion
- Monitor and assess data to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment and retention efforts
- Coordinate re-enrollment activity with monitoring of attrition and retention
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to support the tuition assistance program
- Participate as a member of the review committee to determine merit-based awards and need-based Financial Aid, presenting data and analytics based on prospective enrollment and year-over-year trends
- Manage Ursuline’s program of tuition assistance and serve as the liaison to students and their families, including the awarding of merit-based scholarships to the Upper School and need-based Financial Aid for students throughout the Academy
- Serves as a liaison to the Board of Trustees Committee for Enrollment Management and Marketing
- Lead Admissions team in ensuring a warm, customer service oriented approach to their work
- Support, empower, and develop a team of highly competent Admissions staff
- Actively participate on the Academy’s Leadership Team and collaborate effectively with peers to ensure school-wide goals are achieved in a positive environment that benefits all parties impacted at Ursuline
- Develop and manage the Admission budget in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Operations
- Maintain confidentiality at all times regarding the Ursuline community
- Foster high ethical standards, integrity, and respect for colleagues, alumnae, parents, and students throughout the admissions process
- Attend all required meetings and willing to perform all duties as assigned
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills and diligent attention to detail
- Contribute by personal example to an atmosphere of faith commitment in a manner consistent with Catholic values and our founder St. Angela Merici
- Respect, cooperate, and maintain a positive attitude with colleagues (faculty and staff), students, parents and alumnae and exemplify the core values of an Ursuline education
- Demonstrate a love of children and dedication to a student-centered experience
Alignment with Mission, Core Values and Portrait of an Ursuline Educator
- Actively upholds the school policies and procedures detailed in the Employee Handbook and Faculty Handbook.
- Attends school liturgies, prayer services, retreats, and other mission-directed events or activities, as planned.
- Actively monitors and ensures student adherence to Student Handbook policies and procedures.
- Models desired behaviors for students both in and out of the classroom, including maintaining standards of classroom and school behaviors.
- Enthusiastically engages in professional development activities designed to support professional growth.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in an admissions capacity, preferably in an independent elementary and/or secondary school setting or commensurate experience
- Preferred experience in a senior administrative role
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
Excellent written, planning, verbal, and interpersonal skills are required. Proficiency in computers and familiarity with graphic design processes is essential. Knowledge of Blackbaud, Veracross, or similar database systems required. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and with significant attention to detail is essential. Financial analysis skills necessary to perform Financial Aid administrative duties are required.
Connections working at Ursuline Academy
About Ursuline Academy
Founded in 1893, Ursuline Academy is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school serving upwards of 400 students per year across three divisions: Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School. Ursuline Academy is co-ed through grade five, and serves girls only in grades six through twelve. Part of a world-wide network of more than 105 schools, Ursuline Academy has been guided by the values and mission of the Ursuline Sisters, who established the school more than a century ago. Amongst the Ursuline Sisters’ core beliefs is a commitment to self-reflective adaptation in changing times – a principle rooted in the Foundress of the Ursulines, St. Angela Merici. We prepare our students to live with faith and integrity, and to be lifelong learners and responsible global leaders. Committed to our mission of Serviam or “I will serve,” Ursuline has been a leader in education for over 125 years.